Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

So 2013 is closing. Always a good year when a baby is involved.  Finished up pregnancy number two on February 21, 2013. Pretty fun experience as I remember.  Lylah Renae Cortez was born 1 week 'late' with a full head of gorgeous hair that is just more awesome everyday.  She is a crazy laugher and i'm sad I can never get a picture of her gorgeous smile at its best. Spent the year in beautiful Kent, WA and have enjoyed the beauty immensely. As you can see by the pics, I spent the greater part of the year making quilts for some loving recipients. I've discovered I really like making colorful beautiful creations that are unique to someone and have them really enjoy it.  While I will never make 11 quilts (one pic missing) in one year again, it was fun and a great learning experience. All in all, not the greatest year ever, but every day has blessings to be thankful for.
 
 She looks a little dopey here, but she actually stops people in their tracks when we are out and about.
 This was the best of our Christmas pictures.
 This was the first quilt done. You will see the progression of my aplique skills as they go through. although i'm not an artist, I now freehand a mean butterfly.












No comments: