Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lylah Renae

So I need to blog the latest and greatest. well that would the two greatest - Max is still up there. Its neck and neck.  February 21, 2013, 1:03pm, Lylah Renae Cortez was born.  She was due Feb 15, and once the date went by and I started to feel LESS pregnant, I went in to get her checked on the 20th.  No contracitons, no progression. I wasn't dialated and I didn't feel any pressure so I"m pretty sure she was low enough. So doc said that it probably would stay that way and that we would probably have to induce whenever I decided.  So she called the hospital to see when they have availability and they said "right now'.  Hmmm super.  So I wasn't sure, so I drove to Olympia with my mom to have lunch with Kendra and decided, sure why not, lets go home and head to the hospital. So I got showered, took one last pic of teh belly and headed in at 5:30pm.  By the time they got me hooked up (couldn't get the IV in all the way because it was the one day of the year i didn't drink any water).  So at 8:00 pm, i finally got the first ripening pill - cytec something or other.  Then another at midnight....started feeling contractions about 3:30am adn they came regularly every 3 minutes from then on.  I was a champ I must say.  I had two great nurses who told me how amazing I was and Lylah was born at 1pm....This first month has been a struggle and stressful adn strangely relaxing all at the same time.  Lylah is a sweet girl and Max loves her bunches. If she ever looks at this and wonders why she probably won't get a monthly post like her brother did - blame it on Max and the neediness of a 2 year old:)
 10 minutes after giving birth. Feels GREAT to be done.


 First Day home

 1 Week

2 comments:

MelissaS said...

She's beautiful! I love the picture with Max and Lylah. Enjoy the two of them!

Boualay said...

Hi, Karen!

First and foremost, congratulations on your newest addition, Lylah. All that hair would make any bald man jealous. You will have fun fixing her hair. And Max is such a cute kid, too. That's great that you're now living in Washington - near your family and all. It's nice to see what has been happening to you through your blog. Good luck and best wishes.

Regards,
Boualay